What is Peugeot Motability?
Motability is a national charity set up at the initiative of the Government, with all party support, in 1977 and incorporated by Royal Charter. Their objective is to help disabled people with their personal mobility.
- They direct and oversee the Motability Scheme, administered by Motability Operations, which includes the Car Scheme and the Powered Wheelchair and Scooter Scheme
- They manage the Government’s Specialised Vehicles Fund, specifically to help people who need a heavily adapted car
- They raise money for their own Charitable Grants Programme to provide additional financial help to those people whose allowance does not cover the cost of the mobility solution they need.
Since 1978, Motability Operations has been responsible for the finance, administration and maintenance of the Car Scheme and the Powered Wheelchair and Scooter Scheme. A not-for-profit organisation, they are owned by the UK's four major banks - Barclays, HSBC, Lloyds and RBS.
When you lease a car through Motability, all or part of your mobility allowance is paid directly to Motability Operations for the length of the agreement.
We aim to provide a wide range of affordable vehicles to meet our customers' disability needs.
What are the benefits of Motability?
- A brand new car, powered wheelchair or scooter every three years, or Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle (WAV) every five years
- Insurance, servicing and maintenance
- Full breakdown assistance
- Annual vehicle tax
- Replacement tyres (and batteries for scooters and wheelchairs)
- Windscreen repair or replacement
- 60,000 mileage allowance over three years for cars; 100,000 for WAVs
- Many adaptations at no extra cost
- Two named drivers for your car